[vlc-devel] Re: Build Error in Extras/Contrib libdvdnav on Cygwin

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Thu Nov 2 19:44:05 CET 2006

Le Thu, 2 Nov 2006 06:45:40 -0500,
"Mark Moriarty" <mfmbusiness at earthlink.net> a écrit :

> I show 3.10.1 mingw-runtime, with gcc-mingw-core and gcc-mingw-g++
> being 20050522-1.

The fault is to mingw-runtime 3.10, if you switch back to 3.9 it should
be ok

> Possibly related to my prior post about libgcrypt, that there's
> something in mingw that doesn't play nice relative to gettimeofday?

In fact the problem is more likely to be the definition of gettimeofday
in mingw-runtime 3.10' sys/time.h, i removed all #include <sys/time.h>
in dvdnav and it compiled.

But this is strange since libgcrypt does include the header and
compiles fine too :/

Maybe gettimeofday() needs something special to be defined before using
it, since it's a special mingw implementation...

Hope you can get it to work, or switch back to mingw-runtime 3.9

--
Rafaël Carré