[vlc-devel] Continued Cygwin Joys :)

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 3 22:59:05 CET 2006

Running latest WinXP, latest Cygwin (reinstallation), except backing down
the couple of items specifically noted in the developer's how-to.
This is a clean copy of the VLC trunk -- I did a full kill-and-fill, plus
made sure to delete usr/win32, to make sure no old libs were floating
around.
After backing mingw-runtime down, the extras/contrib builds clean.
I went back to root, dropped in the bootstrap/configure part for Cygwin,
from install.win32.

I'm running into my old friend, POS gettext-and-autopoint-related stuff.

Untarring Archive hasn't worked in ages, if ever (see bolded part below),
and now it seems that autopoint want to see 11.5 versions of files while
gettext is at version 15.  I'm confused, since in the tests at the start of
the build extract below it's seeing version 15, so why would it then be
looking for 11.5 versions of anything?

+ gettextize --version
++ gettextize --version
++ sed -e '1s/[^0-9]*//' -e q
+ expr 0.15 '>=' 0.11.5
+ autopoint=autopoint
+ rm -f ltmain.sh libtool ltconfig
+ rm -f ABOUT-NLS
+ rm -Rf intl
+ rm -f stamp-builtin 'stamp-h*' mozilla/stamp-pic
+ rm -f vlc-config.in
+ printf ''
+ '[' yes '!=' yes ']'
+ libtoolize --copy --force
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `autotools'.
+ test -f ltmain.sh
+ autopoint -f
tar: Skipping to next header

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--length error
cvs [checkout aborted]: space expected in
/home/mfm/vlc-trunk/tmpcvs5028/archive
/ABOUT-NLS,v
autopoint: *** infrastructure files for version 0.11.5 not found; this is
autopo
int from GNU gettext-tools 0.15
autopoint: *** Stop.

Thoughts?