[vlc-devel] Cygwin Confusion continued...

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 3 23:09:11 CET 2006

Just for fun, I went back to check my extras/contrib directory.  In src/ I
actually see both gettext-0.14.6.tar.gz and gettext-0.16.tar.gz, neither of
which, of course, match the gettext version indicated in my prior e-mail.

1)  It looks like VLC is building against the gettext contained in my main
Cygwin installation, rather than going to the extras/contrib version.  What
needs to be done to tell the VLC build process to actually use
extras/contrib if the files are there?
2) Why/how would I see two different gettext tars in extras/contrib?  I
really did do kill-and-fill, just two days ago, full structure deletion.
Did someone just jump gettext that gets DL'd in extras/contrib by two
versions?
3) Does anyone have any clue on fixing the tar problem that has been
floating around for ages?  Perhaps that would go away if (1) above were
fixed?

Thanks.

Mark