[vlc-devel] Re: Cygwin Confusion continued...

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Fri Nov 3 23:40:19 CET 2006

Le Fri, 3 Nov 2006 17:09:11 -0500,
"Mark Moriarty" <mfmbusiness at earthlink.net> a écrit :

> Just for fun, I went back to check my extras/contrib directory.  In
> src/ I actually see both gettext-0.14.6.tar.gz and
> gettext-0.16.tar.gz, neither of which, of course, match the gettext
> version indicated in my prior e-mail.

gettext in the contribs was upgraded recently from 0.14.6 to 0.16

> 1)  It looks like VLC is building against the gettext contained in my
> main Cygwin installation, rather than going to the extras/contrib
> version.  What needs to be done to tell the VLC build process to
> actually use extras/contrib if the files are there?

Yo'll need to set PATH=/usr/win32/bin:$PATH before running configure,
gettext tools are detected by launching it:
+ gettextize --version
++ gettextize --version

> 3) Does anyone have any clue on fixing the tar problem that has been
> floating around for ages?  Perhaps that would go away if (1) above
> were fixed?

I've never seen that oO hopes running good gettext fixes it

(Don't forget linking with libintl 0.16 is broken under windows, if
you need a working copy of vlc, edit line 43 of
extras/contrib/src/packages.mak to use 0.14.6)

--
Rafaël Carré