[vlc-devel] Re: Extras/contrib broken again on Cygwin -- glib???

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 6 19:56:06 CET 2006

Thanks, Xtophe.

-----Original Message-----
From: vlc-devel-bounce at videolan.org [mailto:vlc-devel-bounce at videolan.org]
On Behalf Of Christophe Mutricy
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 1:46 PM
To: vlc-devel at videolan.org
Subject: [vlc-devel] Re: Extras/contrib broken again on Cygwin -- glib???

> checking for thread implementation... none available
> configure: WARNING: You do not have any known thread system on your
>                 computer. glib will not be thread safe on your computer.
> checking necessary linker options...
> configure: WARNING: the 'g_get_(user_name|real_name|home_dir|tmp_dir)'
>                 functions will not be MT-safe during their first call
> because
>                 there is no working 'getpwuid_r' on your system.
> configure: WARNING: the 'g_date_set_time' function will not be MT-safe
>                 because there is no 'localtime_r' on your system.
> checking system definitions for POLLIN POLLOUT POLLPRI POLLERR POLLHUP
> POLLNVAL.

At the request of Trax I added pkgconfig to the win32 target. but i've been
aa bit too fast.

It works well when crosscompiling but not at all on msys or cygwin.
Due to some assumption from pkg-config dev and the way they include glib.

So it's WIP but i think i'll revert my commit in the meantime

--
Xtophe