[vlc-devel] Continued Cygwin fun :)

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 8 03:13:16 CET 2006

Best I could tell, making extras/contrib continued after my last forced
delete of the 0 byte SDL file.

I went back to the root, started the overall bootstrap/make (from
install.win32).

While that started, I took a look to see what gettext was down in
extras/contrib -- turns out that nothing was there at all (don't know if
someone consciously deleted it, but nothing built).

Anyhow, theoretically building the trunk, it blew up on autopoint fun:

+ rm -f ABOUT-NLS
+ rm -Rf intl
+ rm -f stamp-builtin 'stamp-h*' mozilla/stamp-pic
+ rm -f vlc-config.in
+ printf ''
+ '[' yes '!=' yes ']'
+ libtoolize --copy --force
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `autotools'.
+ test -f ltmain.sh
+ autopoint -f
tar: Skipping to next header

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--length error
cvs [checkout aborted]: space expected in
/home/mfm/vlc-trunk/tmpcvs4024/archive
/ABOUT-NLS,v
autopoint: *** infrastructure files for version 0.11.5 not found; this is
autopo
int from GNU gettext-tools 0.15
autopoint: *** Stop.

Anyone know where/how to correct this?  The gettext stuff in my main Cygwin
distro is indeed 0.15.  The autopoint in my /bin is indeed also autopoint
0.15 (no surprise).  What part of the automated VLC build is forcing things
to need/want/expect 0.11.5?

(Sorry if I asked this before -- this has been going on for over a week, my
latest attempt to get a clean build on Cygwin -- things merge together in a
haze after a while.)