[vlc-devel] Error building qt user interface under Cygwin.

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 13 23:28:28 CET 2006

I'm using Cygwin, recent installation.

My VLC trunk is at revision 17737.

I copied the moc, rcc, and uic .exe files obtained by downloading and
unpacking
http://ftp.iasi.roedu.net/mirrors/ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-win-opensou
rce-4.2.0-mingw.exe

I placed them in extras/contrib/bin.  I had just done a full build of
extras/contrib on 12 Nov -- I had to copy those 3 files because they are not
generated during the current build process.

I checked extras/contrib/include, see that qglobal.h in that area shows
#define QT_VERSION_STR   "4.2.0-tp1"

The error when compiling modules/gui/qt is:
In file included from dialogs/extended.cpp:29:
./components/extended_panels.hpp:41: error: `Ui' has not been declared
./components/extended_panels.hpp:41: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
`Equa
lizerWidget' with no type
./components/extended_panels.hpp:41: error: expected `;' before "ui"
./components/extended_panels.hpp:42: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
`QSli
der' with no type
./components/extended_panels.hpp:42: error: expected `;' before '*' token
make[6]: *** [dialogs/libqt4_plugin_a-extended.o] Error 1

The offending lines in the .hpp file are:
{
    Q_OBJECT
public:
    Equalizer( intf_thread_t *, QWidget * );
    virtual ~Equalizer();

private:
    Ui::EqualizerWidget ui;
    QSlider *bands[BANDS];                       LINE 41
    QLabel *band_texts[BANDS];                   LINE 42