[vlc-devel] Re: Possible patch for wxwidgets.hpp

Maxim Zapryanov mzapryanov at neterra.net
Thu Nov 16 11:12:35 CET 2006

Marian Durkovic wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 08:31:39PM -0500, Mark Moriarty wrote:
>
>> Wxwindows has been out of commission for at least a couple days on trunk, a
>> problem with unicode conversion.
>> Specifically, I have been noticing the trouble opening files -- you can
>> select a file, but it doesn't actually open.  Also, if you select
>> View-Messages, you get a lot of lines that aren't actually outputting the
>> messages.
>>

> This is strange. It works fine here with WinXP SP2 and
> vlc-0.9.0-svn-20061115-1056-win32.zip - I can open files containing
> a mix of western, eastern and even cyrillic characters with no problems
> at all.
>

>> #if defined( wxUSE_UNICODE )
>> # if defined( WIN32 )
>>     return (char *) wxConvCurrent->cWX2MB(string);
>> #  define wxLocaleFree free
>>

> I've tested this in vlc-0.9.0-svn-20061116-0001-win32.zip
> Unfortunately it crashes VLC immediately after I click OK in the Open
> dialog.
>
> Could you please tell us what exact version of Windows are you using and
> in what environment you build VLC ? What is you version of wxwidgets and
> are you building it in unicode mode? Could you please also test the two
> nightlty builds I mentioned as well as the latest 0.8.6 branch nightly
> and report how they work for you?
>

> 	Thanks & kind regards,

> ----                                                                  ----
> ----   Marian Durkovic                       network  manager         ----
> ----                                                                  ----
> ----   Slovak Technical University           Tel: +421 2 524 51 301   ----
> ----   Computer Centre, Nam. Slobody 17      Fax: +421 2 524 94 351   ----
> ----   812 43 Bratislava, Slovak Republic    E-mail/sip: md at bts.sk    ----
> ----                                                                  ----

I have also seen this problem. I have built Revision: 17299 with cygwin
and during configure I get
Warning: No config found to match: /usr/win32/bin/wx-config --unicode
           in /usr/win32/lib/wx/config
  If you require this configuration, please install the desired
  library build.  If this is part of an automated configuration
  test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.
  You may use wx-config --list to see all configs available in
  the default prefix.

Everything seems to be ok despite the warning but when you try to open a
file through
the UI nothing happens, no file plays. And also:

--
Maxim Zapryanov