[vlc-devel] Re: [Patch] 0.9.0 Unicode directory access - Tested

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Nov 21 13:43:38 CET 2006

	Hello,

Le dimanche 19 novembre 2006 12:43, xxcv a écrit :
> Please review the attached patch for 0.9.0, it support Unicode
> strings for directory access module.
> I've tested this patch on windows with directory DnD and right click
> "Play with VLC media player" both works as expected.
>
> Please apply this patch if reviewed ok, thanks.

Sorry, but this does not sound very good to me. You are modifying the
semantics of vlc_*_wrapper to accept UTF-8 on Win32 (but still native
on other platforms). skins2 and mkv still need these and are most
likely broken by your patch. If it had been that easy to implement
utf8_opendir on Win32, I would already have done it.