[vlc-devel] Re: rtsp issues

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Thu Nov 23 06:39:46 CET 2006

Le mercredi 22 novembre 2006 à 20:54 +0800, Liu Andy a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to setup a rtsp VOD service, by using VLC 0.8.5 as both media
> player and media server, then I meet some issues as following:
>
> related files:
> .../modules/misc/rtsp.c, main file for rtsp VOD server
> .../modules/demux/livedotcom.cpp, main file for rtsp VOD player
>
> A MPEG 1 or 2 media file, with postfix "mpg" is used in my test.
>
> 1. separate ports for audio & video streaming. Port pair(source &
> destination) for audio is different than that for video. For some reason, I
> want to use only ONE port pair, i.e. audio & video can share the same port
> pair, is there any method to do this within VLC ?
>
> 2. invalid port in SDP. In SDP part of response to DESCRIBE message, there
> is following line:
>     m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 14

Well, which version of VLC are you using? You can force the video and
audio port with the --sout-rtp-port-video and --sout-rtp-port-audio
options.

You definitely cannot use the same port for audio and video when doing
raw udp streaming, since the client wouldn't have any way to separate
both streams. You have to fall back to TS over RTP if you really need
that...

--
BigBen