[vlc-devel] Re: firefox 1.5 and vlc 0.8.6

Martin Afanasjew martin-lists at afanasjew.de
Thu Nov 23 19:28:07 CET 2006

On 23.11.2006 14:07, Rafaël Carré wrote:
> Le Jeudi 23 novembre 2006 à 04:01 +0000, Tavin Cole a écrit :
>> the newer ebuild also uses --enable-mozilla=firefox, which does not
>> produce any configure errors, but the BUILD_MOZILLA flags end up being
>> set so that the plugin is not built.
>>

> it seems that the ebuild for mozilla plugin isn't working atm (user
> reported problems with 'nsplugin' )

Just to give another reference here's a passage quoted from [1], a blog
entry by flameeyes who is Gentoo's downstream maintainer for VLC:

"On the other hand, VLC 0.8.6_beta2 (upstream’s -test2a) is in portage,
this time keyworded ~x86-fbsd too. The nsplugin thing has still to be
reviewed, as the way it’s handled changed upstream, and my patch does
not make much sense anymore, but I don’t feel like tampering with that
at the moment."

Regards,
Martin

[1]