[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r18002 (funman)

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Thu Nov 23 20:07:54 CET 2006

Le Jeudi 23 novembre 2006 à 18:13 +0100, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> I really can only encourage you to use separate build directories if you
> need to clean (or if you need to build the same tree with different
> configurations/platforms). A few years ago, it hardly worked, but since
> several of the main developpers have been using this method, it has
> been working rather well.
>
> svn co svn://svn.videolan.org/trunk vlc-trunk
> cd vlc-trunk
> ./bootstrap
> mkdir build
> cd build
> ../configure (...)
> make
>
> Simply remove the whole build tree to clean up.

I'm already using this method.

In fact I was wrong using toolbox, because it will only clean the
differents Makefile.in in the case you use an external build directory,
and a simple ./bootstrap would rewrite these without the risk of any
conflicts with old files.

I don't know if the fact to not clean contribs can pause problems, since
it's not updated much often. If so, this must be reverted