[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r17986 (md)

Marian Durkovic md at bts.sk
Fri Nov 24 12:11:46 CET 2006

> There is no regression that I can see. The last nightly branch works
> fine on XP. And it is fixed finally on Linux.

No it doesn't ! If you like to have this ugly hack for Linux, at least
spend a few minutes in order NOT to break properly working RFC-compliant
systems - e.g. by including your "fixes" into

#ifdef UTTERLY_BROKEN_IGMPv3_IMPLEMENTATION

It would still be much more apropriate to fix the Linux IGMPv3 code, since
otherwise such ugly hacks will be necessary for every multicast application
which is definitely NOT the way to go.

	Thanks,

		M.