[vlc-devel] Re: VLC video in arm

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Sun Nov 26 22:02:11 CET 2006

Le vendredi 24 novembre 2006 à 11:44 +0000, Yiannis yiakoumis a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am using vlc with my arm device. I display video using the framebuffer.
> Eventhough i can finally display some video, i still have two problems which
> i guess are related with the framebuffer.
>
> I use vlc in order to receive a stream wirelessly.
> My framebuffer has visible wxh 208*320, while the virtual one is 256x320.
> The first problem, is that i can play only streams which fit exactly to the
> virtual dimensions of my fb. Otherwise, i get either segmentation fault or
> an overlapping picture. Reading the code, i saw that the framebuffer outputs
> the decoder output directly. Do the decoder ouputs the size of the original
> input stream? In that case, i guess that either i receive a segmentation
> fault because the memory which was reserved was less than the decoder's
> output, or something similar which leads to the overlapping. But how can i
> make the decoder to output the image with the proper size?
>
> Also, the second problem, is that even when i stream something with the
> appropriate size, my picture is a bit cropped - i guess because of the
> difference between the visible and the virtual dimensions. Is there a way to
> avoid this as well?

Well, it is the task of the video output to resize the video when
required. If the fb vout doesn't do it, it's probably a bug or an
implemented feature...

> And last one.. Does anybody has an idea how far can a 208MHZ processor go in
> mpeg4 streams? ( fps,bitrate etc ? )

Well, I would say something like 320x240 at 12 fps, I'm not sure, and
that depends on the CPU, so the answer is that you should test...

--
BigBen