[vlc-devel] Re: New Patch for RTSP offset feature.

Marian Durkovic md at bts.sk
Sun Oct 8 09:19:58 CEST 2006

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 06:50:32PM +0200, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> On 5-okt-2006, at 20:30, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> > (I realize that the
> >Amino set-top box (RTSP client) implements the same ";offset="
> >hack, but that's no excuse for us to break standards also.)
>
> The amino boxes constitute a large part of our users.

Talking about Amino - well, proper support of standars has never been the
case with them. When one of our local service providers tried to convince
them to support TS in RTP (since TS in raw UDP is utterly flawed in
principles), they simply didn't care any bit.

	With kind regards,

		M.

----   Marian Durkovic                       network  manager         ----
----   Slovak Technical University           Tel: +421 2 524 51 301   ----