[vlc-devel] Re: oneliner to get rtp-output working with quicktime

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Mon Oct 9 16:08:57 CEST 2006

Internally VLC should always use the format with repeating headers.
The mux should take care of removing them again. This way you can
send the same video data to both a file( mp4 AND raw) and a stream
for instance.

Unfortunately removing the headers in the mux seems to break the
bitstream. I'm not sure what's causing this, but I suspect it's an
error in the H264 packetizer.
While your "fix" shows clearly where the problem is, it is not the
solution.

DJ