[vlc-devel] Anyone know how to update extras\contrib patch files?

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 13 03:16:04 CEST 2006

Anyone good with how to generate patches for extras\contrib?

I'm still hitting this problem with trying to compile extras\contrib on
cygwin -- libgcrypt is erroring out.

For my personal use I end up having to edit random.c, insert #undef
HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY
at line 42, but it would be vastly preferable to have the patch
automatically do this in libgcrypt's config.h.

Similarly, building libxml from extras\contrib continues to error out on
Cygwin.  I believe the patch recommended by someone yesterday should do the
job -- I manually edited my xmlmodule.c to add the recommended lines.

(God, I'd like to get a clean build on Cygwin again -- things seem to have
really gotten whacky, I can't get it to build worth a darn now.  I've tried
reinstalling Cygwin twice, checked the Cygwin compile documents for any new
gotchas, tried both by building from the precompiled Win libs as well as
building extras\contrib myself, no joy.  If anyone has a clean set of Cygwin
distribution files, stuff that actually builds the current trunk, I'd
appreciate a link to their location.)

Thanks!

Mark