[vlc-devel] Re: Adding functionalities to the mozilla plugin

Rafaël Carré rafael.carre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 16:08:59 CEST 2006

Le Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:45:47 +0200,
MaX <mysegfault at gmail.com> a écrit :

> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/lib/mozillla/plugins/libvlcplugin.so
> [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libvlcplugin.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZN7VlcPeer13Get_mafonctionEPx]

> So, with this message, I imagine that I missed something... but
> clearly I don't know where... I tried a make clean && make install...
> but no change...

Hi

make clean may not be enough, yoou should save your modifs with svn
diff > backup, delete the whole tree, get a new one and compile again

in the future you should build in external dirs like that:
cd vlc-src;./bootstrap
mkdir ../vlc-build;cd ../vlc-build;../vlc-src/configure xxxxx;make
--
Rafaël Carré