[vlc-devel] Re: [vlc] VLC media player 0.8.6-test1 beta release

Jagota Rakesh jrakesh at gdatech.com
Thu Oct 26 04:53:46 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I am using VLC player for playing the live video stream over IP. I am using
RTSP protocol and able to see the video stream in VLC player. I am facing a
problem like the stream used to stop intermittantly and after clicking start
button the VLC player it will start again. I have set the rtsp-caching to
200 to reduce the delay.

We are using spook that servers live video and audio from the video encoder
and audio input to RTSP clients such as VLC or QT player.

I observed that spook is running fine, only the stream stops in the vlc. I
am attaching here the debug message from vlc.

Pl advice what can be the issue? And I want to avoid 3 seconds delay during
streaming thats why I have set rtsp-caching to 200.

Thanks & Regards,
Rakesh Jagota