[vlc-devel] Re: vlc0.8.5 + cyberlink for C++ 1.7.1

Christian Henz christian.henz at c-lab.de
Fri Oct 27 18:43:27 CEST 2006

On Friday 27 October 2006 14:55, Christophe Mutricy wrote:
> > The bug in 0.8.5 was fixed in this commit:
> > http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/changeset/16242
> > This was confirmed to work as far as I remember.
> >
> > However the plugin was still broken in trunk due to the playlist
> > refactoring. I have not yet tried it out since you fixed it.
>
> Could you try the 0.8.6 branch? Or check the code to see if this commit
> has been backported ?

I just did a quick test of and trunk and branches/0.8.6 against gmediaserver.

The Intel plugin seems to work, the CyberLink one segfaults in both versions.
I cannot actually play any of the content on both versions though. Seems like
the ps demuxer cannot handle what gmediaserver delivers? See the attached
logs for more info. I also tried with MPlayer and it worked there...

cheers,
Christian Henz