[vlc-devel] Re: [vlc] GUI development based on wxwidgets

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Mon Oct 30 15:45:30 CET 2006

Le Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:05:25 +0800,
"Liu Andy" <liuzhihua_2003 at hotmail.com> a écrit :

> Currently I use 0.8.5, does it also support "QT4-based interface" ? I
> can only see wxwidgets and Skins2...

No, 0.8.5 and 0.8.6 use only wxwidgets and skins2

the development version use QT too, but it is not finished, and
quite unstable.

> AND, if I use some QT designer
> (e.g. KDevelop) to get my components well prepared, how can I merge
> it into current framework, how much effort does that need ?

I think that should be easy if you edit existing dialogs.

If you want to create new, you could do it from scratch

But once these dialogs are made, you have to integrate code that use
it, and you'll have to modify the source.

> I can see from code that "About" dialog is created using wxwidgets,
> right ? I've thought that it may be a good reference for me, hehe.
> But I just don't know if it's feasible to simulate it within code...

Well you have the choice, I'm sure good GUI editors exist for WxWidgets
too but I don't know any.

--
Rafaël Carré