[vlc-devel] Re: Bug reporting

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Mon Sep 4 19:12:44 CEST 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> I think it will render Trac unusable, so full with duplicate or unusable bug
> reports. Remember the bugzilla fiasco. And many users would file and forget
> bugs, that would remain forever pending feedback.

That's why i was considering the "special category" for normal user
submited bugs. That apparently isn't possible ... but we can find other
ways. The idea is to have like a "moderation" process which would enable
to validate/invalidate the ticket. We could even add a policy where a
ticket that doesn't get the feedback needed to acknowledge/solve it for
say 1 month will be automatically destroyed.

Trying to do something will IMO make most of our user's VLC experience
better ... and maybe even make it easier for people to get involved in
the project. We simply can't continue handling all the trac/mailing
lists/forum/IRC interaction with only 10 core people.

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea