[vlc-devel] Re: archives do not build since 02-09-2006

Stone syphyr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 22:17:26 CEST 2006

On 9/5/06, Stone <syphyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/5/06, Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org> wrote:
> >
> > Le mardi 5 septembre 2006 21:20, Stone a écrit :
> > > For about 3 days now, there was a checkin after the 2nd of September
> > > that seems to be preventing the *.a files from being built in.  For
> > > this reson, my packaging script has broken. Does anyone see the
> > > archives missing in their builds too?
> >
> > Static libraries are disabled by default to speed up compilation and
> > encourage using the shared libs.. If you really want to build a static
> > library there is ./configure --enable-static option, but your build
> > will be about twice as slow.
>

> I tried building it again with --enable-static but the libvlc.a was still
> not generated.  Any more ideas what might be wrong?

Correction... sorry. libvlc.a was now generated but these others were not:

/usr/lib/vlc/liba52tofloat32.a  /usr/lib/vlc/libffmpeg.a
/usr/lib/vlc/libmux_ts.a               /usr/lib/vlc/libtheora.a
/usr/lib/vlc/libfaad.a          /usr/lib/vlc/liblive555.a
/usr/lib/vlc/libstream_out_switcher.a  /usr/lib/vlc/libx264.a