[vlc-devel] Re: Option drawable

Olivier Aubert oaubert at lisi.univ-lyon1.fr
Wed Sep 6 23:49:13 CEST 2006

> It seems like I can inform vlc of a window ID where it should reproduce
> the input stream.
> Has anybody ever used this option. Is it possible to do this?.
Yes, this functionality is for instance exposed by the python binding.
See below for a short example,
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/advene/trunk/bin/sample_player for the same
example with player controls, and http://liris.cnrs.fr/advene/ for a
real application using it.

Olivier

--

#! /usr/bin/python
import gtk

class VideoPlayer:
    def __init__(self):
        self.mc=vlc.MediaControl( [ ] )
        if sys.argv[1:]:
            self.mc.playlist_add_item(sys.argv[1])
        self.drawable=gtk.DrawingArea()
        self.drawable.set_size_request(320,200)

    def popup(self):
        w=gtk.Window()
        w.add(self.drawable)
        w.show_all()
        # Now that self.drawable is realized, its xid is available
	if sys.platform == 'win32':
	    xidattr='handle'
	else:
	    xidattr='xid'
        self.mc.set_visual(getattr(self.drawable.window, xidattr))
        w.connect("destroy", gtk.main_quit)
        return w

    def main(self):
        self.popup()