[vlc-devel] Re: Error building extras/contrib/libgcrypt on Cygwin -- Got it I think

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 14 02:29:54 CEST 2006

I ran into this on the Web:
"Solution: Make it explict with #UNDEF HAVE_TIMES in
$objdir\i686-pc-mingw32\libiberty\config.h, because it doesn't exist on
MinGW."

The above was for another app that was generating the same error as I ran
into with the VLC extras/contrib/libgcrypt make.

I ended up adding #undef HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY
To my libgcrypt config.h, and it now compiles (apparently something awry in
the Cygwin distribution)

Can something be added to the patches for extras/contrib, that will sense if
it's mingw, and if so do the undef in the config.h generated for libgcrypt,
else in random.c, at line 42 toss in a similar exlusion (so you don't invoke
sys/times.h)?