[vlc-devel] using VLC within another App

karthik karthik.selvaraj at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 09:16:33 CEST 2006

Hello VLC geeks,

I have couple of questions with me to ask to you guys as I'm pretty new
to VLC.
I'm impressed by the capabilities of VLC and i wanna use it in my
application, it is kinda of softphone that i have in mind.

my thoughts was since VLC provides so much, so why not to extend it to a
soft phone or develop a soft phone which will use VLC's capabilities as
a base.
The soft phone will have facilities to dynamically choose the underlying
codecs used, multiple conference etc.

so i wanna first know how can i use VLC in another application [c++],
which would use the codecs, RTP stack and streaming facilities supported
by VLC.

If anybody is doing such a work or having interest in joining please let
me know.

Are there any guide that talks about bit stream APIs exported by VLC?

I will appreciate any guidance/suggestions towards achieving this goal.

Thanks for reading so far, and advance thanks for replying on this.

--
neox