[vlc-devel] Re: using VLC within another App

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sat Sep 16 19:13:27 CEST 2006

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> First question would be whether they are ever going to develop something
> vaguely usable and remotely interoperable. But I am being cynical.

First step is getting the source for the modifications,
Second step is that the videolan team review that modification and
Third and final step is to accept the patch or deny the patch.

BTW I think what they are trying to develop is possible. Did an
experiment myself with two webcams with vlc in a p2p talk and that
worked well. So it is not utterly impossible to build a
videoconferencing solution with VLC.

Gtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.