[vlc-devel] Limit FF and FW speeds to max of 4x?

Ian Griffin ig at videocarbon.com
Tue Sep 19 20:01:45 CEST 2006

Hi, I use VLC to playback video clips captured with a portable body worn
video unit. The video data rate is around 6mbit when played back. The
problem I'm seeing is that when VLC is set to play faster than 4 x
normal play speed the video window no longer updates until the speed is
brought back down to under 4x or normal. To stop my users going beyond
4x fastforward, is there any way in the source code I can limit the max
FF rate?

I've looked at cmd_input.cpp and can see the CmdFaster:execute routine
which I guess is where the command is passed, could someone give me a
pointer as to how to implement this feature ?

Many thanks,
Ian.