[vlc-devel] FLV and UB for OSX

Luc Heinrich luc at honk-honk.com
Wed Sep 20 00:24:14 CEST 2006

Greetings,

I'm a developer working for the PCF (no, not the French PCF, another
PCF [1] ;)) on the opensource Democracy Player [2] which currently
uses the QTKit to provide video playback on OS X. We already use VLC
for the Windows version and we've been planning to embed VLC in the
Mac version for quite some time now to provide supports for more
formats and codecs, and I have actually started to work on that.

However, there are two things which worry me at this point with the
current Mac version of VLC (0.8.5): FLV support is really shaky and
the application is not a universal binary yet.

Is there a timeframe for an update to VLC which would provide correct
FLV playback on Mac and the ability to compile the whole shebang as a
universal binary ?

Thanks.

[1] <http://participatoryculture.org/>
[2] <http://www.getdemocracy.com/>