[vlc-devel] Filter Development

Adam Collins mr.adamcollins at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 11:03:35 CEST 2006

Hi all

I am trying to write a new video filter for VLC, I can add a new filter
checkbox to the extra panel but cannot find how vlc implements that filter.
all i can see at the moment is that it puts the name into the config file

ChangeVFiltersString( p_intf, vfilters[i_filter].psz_filter ,
                              event.IsChecked() ? VLC_TRUE : VLC_FALSE );

which then does

config_PutPsz( p_intf, "vout-filter", psz_string );

so the name of the filter is now in the config structure

but then i lose it, does the renderer then parse the config structure and
pass control to the functions defined in <videofilter>.c?

any help would be appreciated

Thanx