[vlc-devel] Re: RTSP streaming broken in trunk when using transcode (maybe just on OSX?)

Brian Raymond braymond at echostorm.net
Wed Sep 27 00:14:51 CEST 2006

On Sep 26, 2006, at 12:39 PM, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

> Brian Raymond wrote:
>> Initially I thought RTSP streaming was simply broken because I
>> kept  getting the following when connecting from VLC:
>> trunk compiled with XCode 2.4 or nightly build
>> OSX 10.4.7
>> PowerMac G5 2GHz
>> Streaming using one of the following commands:
>> #transcode
>> {vcodec=h264,threads=1,deinterlace,vb=150,fps=10,width=320,height=240
>> }:r tp{sdp=rtsp://192.168.0.103/test.sdp}
>> #transcode
>> {vcodec=hmp4v,threads=1,deinterlace,vb=150,fps=10,width=320,height=24
>> 0}: rtp{sdp=rtsp://192.168.0.103/test.sdp}
>
> RTP streaming like this is broken. You better use the vlm
> interface, this has better RTSP support.

Thanks for the info.

I thought that might be the case, I've been playing with VLM anyway
for trick play support however I was hoping I could use something
like this for live streaming since I can use a live source and cut
down on simultaneous transcodes without dropping things to disk.

thanks,

- Brian