[vlc-devel] Subtitles code

Jacques Richer jricher.n1zzh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 01:21:49 CEST 2007

I'm trying to hack in support for piping subtitles from VLC to an
external process.  I'm using  UDP for interprocess communications, and
that code is known good. Presently, I have a proof of concept version
working that is a fairly simple changeset to modules/demux/subtitle.c
which detects the modified subtitle file, decodes it, creates the
appropriate data structures and hooks the Demux() routine to send
packets to the destination instead of the upstream subtitle code.

This works, but is out of sync because of buffering. Could someone
please explain enough of the subtitle signal flow to help me find the
correct place to tie in.

          Much Thanks,
                      Jacques Richer