[vlc-devel] New BDA module

Ken Self kens at campoz.fslife.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 23:25:34 CEST 2007

Attached file contains changes to implement the BDA module on Windows.
I am not good with configure.ac and just copied what was there for the
dshow module. It works on my system.

I have successfully cross-compiled with gcc and mingw. Mingw is missing
some of the DirectShow header files needed for BDA so I wrote bdadefs.h
to provide the missing class definitions.

My developer machine has:
ubuntu kernel: [17179569.184000] Linux version 2.6.17-11-generic
mingw32-gcc 3.4.5.20060117.1-1
mingw-binutils 2.16.91.20060119.1-1
mingw-runtime 3.9.4

Compiled and linked with vlc 0.8.6 it runs successfully on my computer.
It compiles OK with 0.9.0 trunk but I haven't got the full program to
compile and link yet so haven't tested it.
The computer it runs on is a P3 500Mhz running Win XP SP2 and has a
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 dual DVB-T card.
A nice feature is that if one tuner is in use it tries the next one
automatically.

Ken