[vlc-devel] RSTP Authentication

Jason Gerecke jgerecke at uoregon.edu
Thu Apr 19 22:23:54 CEST 2007

While testing out the latest nightly Win32 build, I can't seem to connect to my Axis camera via RTSP when authentication is required. I'm attempting to connect to a URL in the form rtsp://username:password@host/path. The console shows that I'm getting "401  Unauthorized" errors, and I cannot connect to the stream.

A ticket regarding this issue (https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/1092) was opened a month ago by another user which had a patch created but never applied. I was just wondering if it "slipped through the cracks" and needs to be applied (though obviously tweaked a bit since the code has change since the patch was created) or if its in some kind of queue to be reviewed before application.

Thanks!

Jason Gerecke
Division of Student Affairs Support
そこに空があるから