[vlc-devel] Re: Video filter useful for transcoding PAL DV

Paul Corke paul.corke at datatote.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 11:47:41 CEST 2007

On 20 April 2007 10:23, Antoine Cellerier wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2007, Paul Corke wrote:

But that's not what the filter does...  It moves the picture up by
one line.  So if "deflicker" is set to 0, output is still != input
but it does this with the pf_memcpy instead of blending the lines:

                p_filter->p_libvlc->pf_memcpy( p_out,
                                               p_src +
p_pic->p[Y_PLANE].i_pitch,
                                               p_pic->p[Y_PLANE].i_pitch
);

the + p_pic->p[Y_PLANE].i_pitch on the second line gives the
different offset into the source buffer.

As there doesn't seem to be a p_libvlc->pf_memmove() option, should
I use memmove() or p_libvlc->pf_memcpy() or use the existing method
of pf_memcpy() from one picture_t* to another?  I was assuming that
pf_memcpy() should not be used with overlapping src & dst buffers.

Paul.