[vlc-devel] Re: Contribs to test

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 21:46:31 CEST 2007

Hi JB,

  I was have been using an old contrib for windows and a friend tried one from a week ago and ran into significant problems with paths his comment was:

   completely redid everything from scratch and am having the same 'make' problem re the libgcrypt.la file.

  It has to be related to the win32 contrib stuff.

  Many, if not most, of the files in the usr\iwn32\lib folder have lines with paths of /home/videolan/jb/...

  For example, my libgcrypt.la file has this line:

  # Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L/home/videolan/jb/vlc-trunk-0.90/extras/contrib/lib /home/videolan/jb/vlc-trunk-0.90/extras/contrib/lib/libgpg-error.la'

  I don't have a home/videolan folder and I assume that this needs to be changed to some folder I do have.

  What does this line say in your file?

  How did you create the contents of win32\lib? Did you download compiled stuff or compile your own?

  I used a really old contrib (2006) and it did not have the problems mentioned above. Does the new windows contrib address the above concern?

  Thanks,
  -Tony

Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
  On Mon, Apr 23, 2007, Mark Moriarty wrote :
> Not a biggie, but the .exe versions of moc, rcc, uic aren't in the 20070423
> contrib set.
Updated.

http://people.videolan.org/~jb/contrib-20070423-win32-bin-gcc-3.4.5-only.tar.bz2

--