[vlc-devel] QtIntf Todo

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Aug 21 13:06:22 CEST 2007

Hey guys,

I am going to holidays, for a few days, and as some of you asked what
was remaining to do for Qt Interface, here are a few tips.

- Advanced Bar: to finish the work on moving the advanced controls bar
  to the controls bar. I know how to do it, so I'll do it when I am
  back. I'll take care also of the bigger problem of resizing of the
  interface, if noone does it before.

- Playlist: a few fixes (ILEoo, I count on you), but also a QMenu on
  QTreeView->headers() to choose the columns and a status bar when
  undocked ( to have the total time :D ) are yet to do.

- Main Interface: just grep TODO and FIXME on main_interface.cpp and
  components/interface*

- Sout Rewrite with defined profile is under work by hiso (he has my ui
  for those who know what I am talking about).

- Preferences: Check the saving of simple Preferences. Please don't add
  things to SPrefs before a RFC...

- Bookmark, Help (Ultra-easy, links to wiki) and About Dialog to write.

But the most important if you think you can do is:

- skins2 switching gives the main QProcess to die, so you don't have any
  menu anymore...

- The Open Dialog with Qt4.3 ( the actual problem is that the hidden
   QObject  don't send anymore the signal, so that is why it is borken )
  So, just comment the hiding. If you have a better fix...

- Open Dialog and preferences (Capture card for Win32 and DVD ) to
  finish

- Video for Qt4.3, the resizing does not work because of the enforcing of
  thread safety in Qt4.3. There is an assert patch on this very mailing
  list, but if someone understands it better... :D
  That prevent people to see videos in trunk...

- Add a QDockWidget on the main interface to put the playlist in it. Now
  there is a QProcess problem for the same reason as stated above.

- Make a QSignaMapper or something to help shortcuts to work when the
  main menu is hidden or the main windows is not the active one.

And, btw, if you have a student, make him commit to the main trunk
during this week.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf