[vlc-devel] How Do The Developers Build Win32 Releases?

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 18:00:51 CEST 2007

Hi Steve,

Till a couple of months ago I was able to compile
using Cygwin on windows but when the build scripts
started using gettext-0.16.1 I was not able to get
Cygwin maintainence facility to point to work only
because there were no mirrors with gettext-0.16.1
setup for Cygwin's setup.exe (maintainence utility). I
confirmed this with the Cgwin group. Big error on
Cygwin's part since that version of gettext has been
around for quite some time.
I am trying to get the Cygwin group to help out on
this issue but no luck so far.

Regards,
-Tony Anecito
Founder, MyUniPortal