[vlc-devel] How Do The Developers Build Win32 Releases?

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Wed Aug 15 09:47:34 CEST 2007

Compiling win32 on cygwin still works like a charm, definetely slower
than using linux as a build system, but it does save you from having to
use a separate machine (i suppose you can still use VMware or one of the
like).

i dont't understand that story regarding gettext-0.16 as VLC should
definitely not be compiled against any cygwin support library. gettext
for mingw is available under VLC own contribs.

for more information, look at that page:
http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32CompileCygwin

Damien