[vlc-devel] link problem! ggc:./modules/video_chroma/libi420_yuy2_mmx.a :no such file or directory

Andrew Stone stondage123 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 15:13:50 CEST 2007

VLC builds shared libs with the .la extension, not .a. I would recommend trying to compile directly with gcc rather than kdevelop. You should of course perform a ./configure 'whatever' followed by a make and a make install(as root). If you are using the subversion code, don't forget to run ./bootstrap before ./configure.