[vlc-devel] Need help in compile VLC under red hat el 4

ying lcs yinglcs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 07:52:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to compile VLC 0.8.6c on red hat el 4.
I was told that I need to upgrade automake and autoconf.

I am now using automake 1.9.6 and autoconf 2.6.1.

I am now getting this error when I make:

Copying file po/Makevars.template
+ rm -f po/Makevars.template
+ aclocal-1.9 -I m4
aclocal:configure.ac:5452: warning: macro `AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT' not
found in library
configure.ac:332: error: m4_undefine: undefined macro: AC_DEPLIBS_CHECK_METHOD
configure.ac:332: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal-1.9: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

Can you please tell me why I am getting this error? and what can i do
to solve it?

Thank you.