[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r21128 (courmisch)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Thu Aug 16 18:07:36 CEST 2007

Le jeudi 16 août 2007, Subversion daemon a écrit :
> r21128 | courmisch | 2007-08-16 17:55:55 +0200 (Thu, 16 Aug 2007) | 3
> lines Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/include/vlc_objects.h
>    M /trunk/src/libvlc-common.c
>    M /trunk/src/libvlc.sym
>
> vlc_global_object: return the global (process-wide) LibVLC object
> It is mostly useful to register global mutexes and such things.

Actually, global library mutexes is almost the ONLY use case for this.

It seems some plugins uses it for other purpose, and they are most
likely wrong; most of the time the libvlc_int_t instance object should
be used instead. logo is one such offender.

This is not the first that's been pointed out, and I cannot fix every
single of them myself; my feeling of guilt at the idea of breaking
these is vanishing fast.

http://www.remlab.net/