[vlc-devel] compiling vlc on mac osx problem

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 17 23:59:31 CEST 2007

Hello Didi,

I've just compiled the current trunk (revision 21186 at that moment)
successfully on my Mac without this problem, so please give us some
further details:

used version of OSX? of Xcode? Intel or PowerPC? any configure flags?

This will surely help us to work this out.

For the meantime, please check <http://wiki.videolan.org/OSXCompile>
just to see that you didn't miss anything.

Kind regards,
Felix

Am 16.08.2007 um 18:25 schrieb Didi Ovadia:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to compile vlc over MAC OS.
>
> I managed to compiled the contrib. packages first.
>
> But when I run the make (after running the configure) , compilation
> fails with this output:
>

> “vlc-vlc.o: command not found”
>
> Which is strange. Looks as if compiler search for vlc-vlc.o as an
> executable file…. (command?)
>
> I didn’t find a way to get pass this obstacle.
>

> Can you pls help me ?
>

> Thank you very much
>
> Didi
>
> Goome ltd.