[vlc-devel] vlc development

D Qi dqibj at 126.com
Thu Aug 30 03:18:00 CEST 2007

Hi, Guys,

I am new to this vlc development and am trying to do add some new codec to
it. For a start, the cross complation is succeed for Win32 platform using
debian 4.0 following the wiki instruction. the vlc version is 0.8.6a, 0.8.6c
not working. Then after some modificaiton, the direct build using cygwin
succeeded too.

Now I need help. How to debug this vlc under windows or at least for
windows? Under cygwin, the Insight debugger used is 6.6.50-20060706, the
debug process halt at the vlc_init(). And some time it just stop response to
any input. And I just don't know if there is any other way to do the dubug
for win32.

I used a P4 2.4G with 1G memory and a AMD 64 3200+ with 512M memory. Please
some one suggest me how to do the dubug thing?

Or could you guys tell me which development procedure/environment do you use
for win32?

Thanks

David