[vlc-devel] Decoding a frame with libvlc MediaControlAPI

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Thu Aug 30 16:50:11 CEST 2007

Hello Mehdi,

There are two API in fact in libvlc-control. There are LibVLC whose
functions are prefixed with libvlc_ and a simplified API called
MediaControl whose function are prefixed with mediacontrol_.

I don't have any MediaControl sample code, however there are some
LibVLC sample code in:

http://wiki.videolan.org/LibVLC_Tutorial

However current libvlc doesn't allow frame by frame manipulation.
Yet, you may want to think about writing a video filter module, which
allows frame by frame manipulation.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions,

Pierre.