[vlc-devel] [RFC] ATTN removal of rtp access output

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Fri Aug 31 13:51:46 CEST 2007

	Hello,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the "standard" stream
output combined with the "rtp" access output is a strict subset[1] (and
an historical hack) of the "rtp" stream output. Both are used with TS
muxer (or with a single MPEG ES) for the RFC2250 payload types.

Is there any feature from #std{access=rtp} that is still missing from
#rtp{mux=ts} ?

[1] Both support multicast and SAP.
Only #rtp support SDP-over-HTTP and RTSP.

http://www.remlab.net/