[vlc-devel] Added missing ffmpeg-libs to configure.ac

Siegfried Wagner wagner at ftw.at
Fri Aug 31 20:18:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

to get libffmpeg_plugin.so working in my case I had to add some more
libraries to link with by adding new configure options:
 --with-ffmpeg-amrnb --with-ffmpeg-amrwb --with-ffmpeg-x264

Otherwise I got unresolved symbols when vlc tries to access the
libffmpeg_plugin at runtime.
I also know that vlc can use libx264 by itself, but if ffmpeg is
compiled with libx264-support it doesn't work without telling the
libffmpeg_plugin.
I think there must a better way to detect what ffmpeg is linked with and
to resolve this automatically but for now this is the best solution.

Attached you find the diff for the configure.ac

Siegfried.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Siegfried Wagner
Researcher