[vlc-devel] Coder/decoder module implementation

Alex Vazquez alexvazquezfente at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 21:21:03 CEST 2007

2007/8/10, F. P.:

> Hi !
> I try to write a wavelet based coder/decoder. First I
> tried to make a simple coder/decoder that simply copy
> the image to a block and then copy the block back to a
> image.
>
> I wrote the attached code, the coder seems to work but
> the decoder still blocks. Help would be much
> appreciated !
>
> Thanks,
> pflooo

I am no expert but I think you have to distinguish beetwen block and
picture, you can't copy the picture just doing:

vout_CopyPicture( p_dec, p_pic, p_block->p_buffer );

That should give a BIG FAT WARNING BTW and all you'll get will be a seg
fault, since you are copying a uint8_t * (instead a picture_t *) into a
picture_t *.
First, you need to decode the block with a "real" decoder to get a picture.

Regards,

--
Alejandro Vazquez Fente