[vlc-devel] problem with linking live555 libraries during compiling vlc

howard howard at starvedia.com
Tue Dec 4 12:20:53 CET 2007

Hi all,

           I was trying to use the live555 libraries which were built by
myself with VLC, instead of the one in the
contrib-20061202-win32-bin-gcc-3.4.5-only.tar.bz2

           The live555 was built successfully and it's workable. However,
during the compilation of the VLC, it said there were some undefined
references to certain functions such as '_fcntl', '__errno', _recvfrom',
'_sendto', '__getreent', '_fseeko', '_ftello', and '_getsockname' etc. and
the files tried to reference those functions I just mentioned were belong to
the live555.

           I'm a bit confused about this. Those files were compiled
successfully and workable. Once I copied those libraries into the live.com
folder of /usr/win32, it could not reference to those functions. Why is
this?

           Is there anything wrong or I missed?

           Your advice is much appreciated.

           PS.I have tried with both 0.8.6c and 0.8.6d versions. But got the
same problem!

           Howard.