[vlc-devel] Accessing the demux Control at the interface level ? (re: RTSP trickplay)

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Fri Dec 7 14:15:51 CET 2007

Glen Gray wrote:
> There seems to be some confusion of the reason for having the option.

I don't object the DEMUX_SET_*/DEMUX_GET_* stuff, but do object to name
it scale. IMHO it should be FW/RW type of name to indicate the general
feature forward and rewind/backwards play. Not specifically to RTSP.

So instead of the RTSP variable we need something like
DEMUX_CAN_CONTROL_PACE (or ACCESS_CAN_CONTROL_PACE) to indicate the
module supports *real* forward/backward play.

Gtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.